March 31, 2020
Dear VDLI Families,
We hope that you and your family are continuing to remain safe and healthy during this “stay at home” time. We have received letters of support and positive feedback from the VDLI community over the last week and are very appreciativeof the assistance being offered by all of those that make up our VDLI community (parents, teachers, students and more).
HPH Support Programs
- HPH is introducing HPH2, a Social & Emotional Student Support program of weekly Google Hangout time for students, by grade-level, featuring HPH-sponsored guests. More details to come.
- Continuing weekly newsletter.
- Logistics – HPH is offering additional assistance to VDLI teachers and families by covering shipping/printing costs of materials during this challenging time.
HPH is looking forward to the forthcoming PPS plan for online home learning HERE. We are acutely aware that our VDLI program will need extra support during this time and will be supporting by reaching out directly to PPS to engage on requesting additional staff and support for our program.
- https://www.uniteforliteracy.com/ offers Vietnamese books read aloud by a Vietnamese speaker. Make sure to select Vietnamese/Tiếng Việt as the narration language in the upper left corner.
- Upon finish watching the video below, consider drawing each page like a cartoon book.
- Additional online math support can also be found at https://www.khanacademy.org/math
- Portland Public Schools Coronavirus Relief Fund was launched last week. More details HERE.
- US Census Day is April 1, 2020. US Census 2020 form is now open for responses HERE. Here is a quick video clip HERE explaining what it is. While it can help with traffic congestion, the Census also helps to shape the future flow of federal dollars to school programs, which can and will affect programs like ours. It takes about 10 minutes to complete.
- Part of our success with HPH2 will be determined by our membership made up of parents like you. We are asking for two Parent Volunteers for each grade level. Please reach out to our e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to any HPH board director with your interest.
Board of Directors, Hội Phụ Huynh