April 7, 2020
Dear VDLI Families,
I hope this note finds you and your loved ones healthy and well. The impact of the coronavirus outbreak has been felt by individuals and families, companies and communities, across the United States and around the world. The response to this crisis has been extraordinary; as much for what it has required from our society as for what it has revealed of us as a people.
Far from causing division and discord, this crisis and the social distancing it has required, has allowed us to witness something profound and moving about ourselves: our fond and deeply felt wish to be connected with one another. In this spirit, Hoi Phu Huynh has stepped up to be the connection between the teachers, students and parents to bridge the gap of extended Spring break and online learning. We have introduced to you HPH2, a Social & Emotional Student support program of weekly Google Hangout time for students, by grade levels. We have been offering additional assistance to teachers and families on technology needs. We have also been busy delivering learning packets for students who do not have access to online materials or printers. For more details, please see the HPH2 flyer that is attached so you can contact your parent volunteers for your grade level or click HERE.
We would like to use this opportunity to thank all parents, teachers and community members who have supported HPH with the HPH2 project. Without you, it would be impossible. We are a VDLI family, and we stand by each other and help out in difficult times.
- HPH2 Report:
- We have hosted over 6 Social & Emotional Student Support Sessions through Google Hangout time for students, by grade-level this week.
- Logistics – HPH is offering additional assistance to VDLI teachers and families by:
- Covering delivery/shipping/printing costs of materials during this challenging time.
- Supporting teachers and parents on technology setups in order to be ready for PPS online learning.
- Providing an iPad for a student to utilize Google Hangout.
- Sharing information on Clever sign in to online learning for grades K-2 (attachments for sign in directions are attached).
- Curriculum Corner – Since PPS is starting on line learning mostly in English, we will post Vietnamese curriculum to support the gap until the following week.
- https://www.uniteforliteracy.com/ offers Vietnamese books read aloud by a Vietnamese speaker. Make sure to select Vietnamese/Tiếng Việt as the narration language in the upper left corner.
We understand that parents have many questions and we are including some important information that may help to provide some answers.
- PPS has posted Q&A list to help answer some of your questions on online learning! IMPORTANT
- Child Care
- Mental Health/Safety
- Chromebook Checkout
- Free internet
Again, we thank you for your support. As always, we would like to hear feedback from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at HoiPhuHuynh.VDLI@gmail.com
Board of Directors, Hội Phụ Huynh