The Hội Phụ Huynh is an independent volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to support Vietnamese Dual Language Immersion (VDLI) Program of Portland Public Schools at Rose City Park Elementary School, Roseway Heights Middle School and in the future, Madison High School. We are made up from parents of students currently participating in the VDLI program.
Our Mission Statement
Our organization engaged new and current families, promotes cultural enrichment, and seeks fundraising opportunities to sustain a strong Vietnamese Dual Language Program in Portland Public Schools
Celebrating the Vietnamese culture while making diverse connections and ensuring equitable opportunities to help cultivate global change leaders
- Have Fun! Be Positive!
- Respect each other
- Actively listen
- Be transparent, be open and share
- Be open minded to multiple perspectives
- Stay focused and on point
- Respect our time together
- Stay engaged and informed
Equity and Inclusion Statement
- As a parent organization, Hội Phụ Huynh, we aspire to be an inclusive organization that supports students, teachers, and parents of the VDLI community. We challenge ourselves to be inclusive and equitable in our words, action and decision making process. Our goal is to create opportunities/access for all families to feel engaged and connected. We value and strive to engage all perspectives/voices regardless of the cultural and linguistic differences. In doing so, we hope to create a safe communal space that acknowledges the multitude and complexities of the experiences of the families we serve.
- As the board of directors, we understand that our action impacts the VDLI community. To that end, we are committed to deepening our own understanding of equity and inclusion matters.
- We aim to ensure that all of our efforts are equitable
- We seek for community wisdom
- We confront/challenge our biases
- We utilize an equity lens for decision making